Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Vang Vien

So we had met Leon and planned to go tubing the next day, different people sleeping in and some faffing meant we left it a bit late so we ended up renting motorbikes and heading to the Blue Lagoon instead. This turned out to be a beautiful pool surrounded by amazing mountains where we could swim and jump from about 12 feet. There was a giant cave there as well which we started to explore as a group but the non-Irish of us bailed once it got too dark :) No way I could get any pictures of the place it was so big.






The next day we did go tubing and it started off great. The booze was cheap and good, the place was banging and the swing was amazing! Myself and Leon started doing more adventurous tricks as the day went on including him swinging from my feet and high fiving mid air. We started to build up to the finale of Leon swinging from my hands while I hung from my feet but while I was practicing the feet swing I landed on some rubbish in the water and cut open my face. It looked much worst than it was but still required 6 stitches and no more water fun for me. We kept partying into the night and to be honest the cut was probably a blessing as the finale trick had disaster written all over it!





I spent the next 2 days rock climbing with a German & Israeli I met the night before. It was great to get back into the climbing and I only got better as the days went on. I've definitely revived the taste for climbing and will be looking to do more of it as I go. I know I'm leaving out lots of adventures from this part of the trip but at the time of writing this I've had 1 bad hours sleep in the last 28 so if I get myself together later today I might come back and update the blog with sometime more interesting!

In the mean time enjoy the pictures ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment